Thursday, November 03, 2005

Small Group Answered Prayer

Those of you who know me well know that for the last year I have been prayfully seeking community in the Valley. After a lot of searching, tears and awkward moments I believe God has brought the community that I need. This summer at my home church's festival "Breathe" I felt God tell me that if I want a "Joshua House" small group in Southern Texas, than I am going to have to lead it myself. I have been trying since August to get one rolling, and today, Nov. 3rd a group finally really got started. We have 5-6 members, with the most diversity that you could ever imagine. A woman from Kenya, a man from the Navajo reservation, a Swede, me, and Lori... and sometimes a girl from Duke. It is a really unique mix of personalities and nationalities. I am hoping that we can get some locals soon.

SO tonight we worshiped, studying the word, fellowship and prayed. We EVEN laid hands on Dan,( The Swede)'s back. I don't know if God did anything, but we shall see. But just that we gathered and had great conversation is totally a miracle from God. We even have a worship leader!
YAY GOD!

No comments: