Sunday, January 25, 2009

Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am going to start posting recipes for my friends to get the started on cooking vegetarian and/or vegan at my woman's groups request.

I am going to start with:



Oatmeal Chocolate (or carob if you are hard core vegan) Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup margarine/butter or dairy-free margarine (Earth Balance is good)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
2 cups white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups oats
1 package chocolate chips/carob chips

Directions:
Oven 375
Mix together water and flaxseed, set aside for 3-5 minutes
Mix up margarine, sugars
Stir in flaxseed mixture
add vanilla
Blend
Put in all of the dry ingredients. Add the oats and chips last

Roll into little balls, put on a baking sheet

Bake 8-12 minutes

Enjoy with a glass of soy milk

1 comment:

Mrs. Hinderer said...

Thanks! I'm going to try these this week! I need some main dishes now.