Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Day of the Iraq War= 84 New Elementary Schools

As I sipped on my non-fat mocha while doing my very radical job of recruiting college students, I came across a banner presentation in the lobby of the school where I am meeting with students to compell them to make an impact... (I leave my actual job off this Blog, because I don't want them to read my blog because I want the freedom too be political, not politically correct and well, open!

So anywho, I saw this incredible horrible poster display and decided that I would take time to reflect on each poster that I saw, to somehow gain the collective conscience of this tragedy. What would 84 elementary schools do... well since I work with schools and teachers I know that true experience of having a new school. It raises the moral of the teachers, students & parents. It is a home to 200-500 children during the day and can literally be a safe haven, a place to raise up future leaders and a place to open minds. One of the things that I think about often is that bumper sticker that says "Won't it be a great day when the Pentagon has to hold bake sales to raise money and schools no longer have to?"

The injustice of the federal budget is beyond my comprehension. I just wonder what I can do about it. Is it enough to vote for "change" this upcoming election, or is something more drastic needed? I have protested at the Pentagon & on the green in D.C., but I am not convinced that this was enough. I know I will be added this to my prayers and maybe that is the most powerful thing I can do.

No comments: