Tuesday, March 04, 2008

excercise discipline

This is what Jon says whenever he tells Sam, our dog to do or not do something, he says "Exercise Discipline" These seem like such foreign, scary words. I am the most unmotivated person when it comes to exercise. I know have all of the time in the world to do stuff today and what I am doing? Working... sending evite invitations to matriculation dinners. I just don't know what to do with down time.

I think I should bury my computer, or send it to work with my husband, but THEN WHAT WOULD I DO ALL DAY? I guess I could go shopping- but I don't really need anything- and I just taught a small group lesson on curbing our consumerism. I could read. Except the truth is (and don't tell my former students) it has to be a REALLY good book, or I have to be in a phase to read. I want to get back into that phase, but sometimes I need someone to tell me that I have to read something, then I do, and I generally enjoy it. Why don't you blog readers tell me what to read. Command me into obedience!

See what I mean, I am so dependent on assignments, responsibilities and other people to tell me what to do. Maybe I need a personal trainer. That would be expensive and I can motivate hundred of people to do stuff, but I can't motivate myself. I tried giving myself stickers for when I met points for weight w*tchers, take my multi-vitamin, exercise, and work less than 9 hours a day. .

That worked for 3 days. I am still waiting for this great desire to rise up from the depths of my inner-child screaming - YOU MUST EXERCISE! or maybe I will have a new found love for the elliptical machine. I mean it does feel like you are flying, right? I wouldn't mind picking up some running again, but it is so cold here! It is days like this that I miss 100% humidity. RGV... why did I leave you my hot home? I didn't really like running there either. I always got a headache. At least when I don't work out, I don't usually get a headache.

I need the inner-discipline of some great leaders-
I found this on another BLOG- maybe it will help:
The FIVE PILLARS OF SELF DISCIPLINE:
A- Acceptance
W- Will power
H- Hard Work
I- Industry
P- Persistence

I am working on A- do I really believe that I MUST be healthy? I am not sure I believe that. I got weighed today. I am over-weight. There I said it! Will I gain self-discipline here? I need will power, THAT IS MISSING! What does Industry mean?

No comments: