Monday, March 03, 2008

Vacation in my backyard

I get a whole week off. After working 15 hours a day for months, this can be a little overwhelming. I already checked my work email and wrote 1 work-related email.... well? I think that is a pretty good record, all things considered. Most of my counter-parts across the country are somewhere warm. Or abroad. You know, London, Italy, Florida, North Carolina, and then there is me, who convinced her husband to take 1 day of vacation. We went to German Village a drank coffee, went to Worthington and at French food, played tennis and read Lord of the Rings. It was very relaxing, but here it is 7:44 pm and I am ready for the next thing to do. I know my body and mind need rest, but my attitude is not having it. I wonder what my obsession is? Why can't I just sit & be quiet. If I sit, I am limited to Jon's guitar music, playing the same thing over and over again. You know a new song wouldn't hurt anything would it honey? But oh at least it is beautiful music. Some day you'll hear it. It will be a huge hit.

No comments: